Region runs along the Connecticut River western border of the state from the midpoint of Hanover, home of Dartmouth College to North Walpole. 17 covered bridges characterize the river run. Summer and winter recreation options, including the annual League of NH Craftsmen’s Fair, abound in the Lake Sunapee area.
Highlights: Cornish where luminist painter Maxfield Parrish, sculptor Augustus Saint Gaudens and other members of the Cornish Art Colony got their inspiration.
Below are some links to helpful web sites in this region.
Regional Web Sites
- Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dartmouth College
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Lake Sunapee Region – Comprehensive web site providing vistors with information on the Lake Sunapee region.
- Hanover Inn, Hanover
- Trumbull House Bed & Breakfast, Hanover
- The Inn at Pleasant Lake, New London
- Burkehaven Lodge at Sunapee, Sunapee
State Wide Web Sites